Finding what Psmf Recipes to make, can be difficult at times. When doing a Psmf Diet or Protein Sparing modified fast, many consider chicken and other foods to be your only choices. After you have calculated your macros with your meal plan, you can be very creative in keeping your choices healthy, but tasty at the same time.
We put together 50 Protein Sparing Modified Fast recipes to give you a tastier experience!
Act today and get a FREE BONUS!
Here are a few examples of some other PSMF recipes you might like.
1. PSMF Chicken Satay Lettuce Wraps
- 12 oz raw chicken breast (plus salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste)
- 2 tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1 tbsp water (or slightly more or less to achieve desired consistency)
- 1 tsp Huy Fong sriracha
- 1 packet Splenda
- 1 tbsp fage total 0% greek yogurt (optional, makes creamier and adds more protein)
- 1 tsp san-j organic tamari
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts (optional, adds crunch)
- Cut the chicken into small bite-sized pieces and season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook the chicken until browned on your stovetop over med-high heat in a frying pan with a small amount of nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the PB2, water, sriracha, splenda, tamari, and greek yogurt until the sauce is well blended.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to the sauce bowl and toss to coat.
- Serve the chicken in lettuce wraps for added crunch or eat plain.
- 482 calories
- 13 g total carbs (includes 4 g fiber, 4 g sugar)
- 9 g net carbs
- 5 g fat
- 91 g protein
2. Spanish “Rice”-All made in one crock pot
1 lb chicken breast shredded
6 cups cauliflower crumbles
1 -16 oz can salsa(I used herdez hot salsa)
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp red pepper flakes
Cook chicken and 1 tsp red flakes in the crock pot for 4-6hrs, drain juices shred with a fork. Add cauliflower, salsa and seasonings, mix well cook on high for 4-6 more hours.
123 calories per serving (without (low fat)cheese and sour cream) delicious and filling
4.8 net carbs
3. Mexican Style Shredded Chicken
1.5 lbs of chicken breasts
4 cups water
1/3 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1. Throw all the ingredients in a big saucepan and boil on high for 10 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid slightly open and simmer for 30-35 minutes
3. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl, leaving sauce in pan. It will be super tender at this point, so take a fork and slide it down the chicken, stab it, mash it until you have a ton of shredded chicken.
4. Pour 3/4 cup salsa into the chicken and use your hands to coat it.
Net Carbs: 2g
4. Chicken Loaf
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups corn flakes, crushed
3 tbsp salsa
2 tbsp fat free ranch dressing
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
20 oz ground chicken
Put oven on 350
Mix together the eggs, crushed corn flakes, salsa, salad dressing, chili powder, and cumin.
Add the chicken and mix
Shape the loaf
Bake at 350*F for one hour. Make sure internal temp is 175
Let it stand for 10 minutes. cover with foil
serve with sour cream and salsa.
5. PSMF Honey Mustard
Mix together in a small bowl:
1 tbsp simply supreme dijon mustard
1 tbsp heinz classic yellow mustard
2 tbsp fage total 0% greek yogurt (I haven’t tried this but consider substituting half and half for fewer calories, carbs, protein, and more fat; or leave out completely)
1 packet splenda
Nutrition (per 1 tbsp, makes 4 tbsp)
1.5 g carbs
0 g fat
3 g protein
6. PSMF Turkey Burgers
1 lb Ground Turkey
2 Cloves Garlic
1 tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin
1 Tbl Cilantro Fresh
- Put the egg, 1/2 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, coriander, celery salt, chili powder, cumin, and cilantro into the food processor to blend it into the paste.
- Pour that paste into a bowl with the ground Turkey and mix well by hand.
- Form into 3-4 oz burger patties
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet for medium-high heat (I like to use the griddle side of a cast iron grill pan)Spray a liberal amount of “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” spray and place the patty on the griddle. While the burger is cooking (about 5 minutes) season the top with Salt and Pepper and spray the top of the patty with another liberal dose of “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” then flip the burger to cook the other side. Let this side cook for about 5 minutes too You will end up with a nice charred crust on both sides of the burger with a very juicy center
7. PSMF Garlic Pork Lion Lime
1/4 C Lime Juice
1 clove Garlic minced
1 Tb Yucatan Sunshine Hot Sauce
1 oz I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray
2 Tb Cilantro chopped
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
6 Pork Loins/Chops boneless
Whisk together Lime Juice, garlic, hot sauce, salt and slowly add the Butter spray whisking well.
Place lightly seasoned (salt and pepper) pork chops under the broiler for 3 minutes per side.
Finish on the grill pan
While letting the Pork rest whisk the cilantro into the Sauce.
Slice the Pork into thin strips, drizzle the sauce over the pork and serve with Lettuce leaves to make a wrap.
You could also make a double batch of the sauce. Use half as a marinade and the other half as a drizzle.
8. PSMF Crispy Chicken Salad
2 chicken tenderloins or 1 boneless skinless chicken breast thawed
1 egg white
1 cup of Special K cereal crushed
Salad Greens or your choice
Chopped hard boiled egg
And a sprinkle of Fat Free Cheese
Crush cereal in a zipper bag set aside
Place egg white in a shallow bowl
Rinse and pat dry chicken
Dip chicken in egg white then place on a plate
Season chicken on each side to taste
Place in cereal bag and shake.
Place chicken on non stick flat baking pan or spray flat baking pan with non stick cooking spray. Place in oven for 9 mins., turn chicken bake for 9 more mins. Oven times vary so keep an eye on your chicken and make sure it is completely cooked. In the mean time prepare salad. Once chicken is done slice and put on top of salad sprinkle with fat free cheese.
9. PSMF Deviled Eggs
6 hard-boiled eggs
4 teaspoons capers – finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely-chopped celery
1 green onion – finely chopped
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt – to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper – to taste
— OPTIONAL GARNISH —
Chopped parsley or chopped fresh dill
2. Mix in celery, green onion, capers, mayonnaise and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Divide the yolk mixture evenly among the reserved whites, mounding it slightly.
4. Garnish with paprika and parsley if desired.
5. Eggs may be stored, covered in plastic in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.Comments: For perfect hard-cooked eggs, place eggs in a sauce pot and add enough water to cover them by 1 inch. Bring water to a boil; remove from heat and leave eggs in hot water for 15 minutes, then remove eggs from the hot water and IMMEDIATELY cool eggs with cold water before peeling.
10. Chicken Baked Breast
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 wedge of lemon
1 sprig fresh dill
Put the breast in an oven- safe dish. Squeeze juice from lemon wedge over it, and snip tiny pieces of dill over the top of it. Bake at 350 degrees until cooked all the way through; about 20-30 minutes depending on thickness.