You are here: / PSMF Calculator | Protein Sparing Modified Fasting Calculator
|Body Fat %|
|Body Type Category|
|Diet Breaks and Refeeds|
|Full diet break|
1. Select your Unit of Measure – What’s the difference between “Imperial and metric?” Imperial units are the old British system (as once ordered by the king, hence the name Imperial) now used mostly in the USA. Yards, miles, feet, inches. Pounds, ounces, gallons, etc. … Metric units are the SI or MKS system, Meters, liters, kilograms and all the derivatives with prefixes
2. Select your Gender
3. Select your Body Weight – This can be entered manually using the small box on the left, or by using the slide bar for input.
4. Select your Waist in inches – This can be entered manually using the small box on the left, or by using the slide bar for input.
5. Next, your Body Fat % will be calculated. **This is important because this determines your LBM and what Body Type Category you fall under**
**Important Note** You can adjust your body fat % manually by moving the slider if you have calculated your body fat % to be different. You can also use our new body fat % calculator below for different methods of finding your body fat %.
6. For your “Training” you would enter
“Inactive” if you plan on not doing any level of extra activity while on the psmf diet plan.
“Aerobic” if you plan on doing a level of activity such as sprinting that involves anywhere from ten seconds to several minutes.
“Weight Training” if your muscles are forced to work and you can’t sustain the activity for longer than a minute.
7. Your Activity level– This will affect the “Maintenance Diet” Category which determines your caloric and protein intakes to sustain your weight.
“Sedentary” – if you are inactive and tend to stay seated a lot.
“Lightly Active” – if you stand a lot to work, but really don’t move around a lot or lift heavy items.
“Moderately Active” – includes if you tend to walk at least 1.5 to 3 miles per day
“Very Active” – You tend to exercise or play sports 4-5 times a week.
“Extremely Active” – You tend to be active 7 days a week and engage in physical activity on a regular basis.
8. LBM- Or Lean Body Mass– This is automatically figured from your Body Fat %
9. Body Type Category – There are 3 Body Type Categories. This will automatically compute which category you are based on your entered information.
10. “Daily Macros” – Protein, Fat, and Carbohydrates will all be automatically calculated based on the Step-by-Step Beginners Guide to the PSMF Diet
“Fat” – Can be manually adjusted to stay within your target range
“Carbohydrates” – Can be manually adjusted to stay within your target range
“PreWorkout Carbs” – Can be manually adjusted to stay within your target range
“Post Workout Carbs” – Can be manually adjusted to stay within your target range
11. Diet Breaks and Refeeds – These will automatically be calculated by the PSMF calculator.
“Full Diet Break” – How many weeks until you should take a full break from the psmf diet plan
“Free Meals” – how often you can have a free meal
“Refeeds” How many and how often you will need to do them. This involves increasing your carbohydrate intake. Wondering how to do refeeds? You can check out our article on how to do refeeds with PSMF.
12. Maintenance Diet – This is important because this is the Caloric Totals of Protein, Fat, and Carbs you will need to maintain in between diet breaks to sustain your weight. The Psmf Calculator will automatically calculate this based on your inputs. Its very important you eat the proper protein sources and establish another meal plan during this period. You can also find plenty of tips and advice for the psmf diet here.
**As stated above, if you can’t find your results in your email, be sure to check your SPAM folder**
Use the Body Fat % Calculator below if you are interested in getting better accuracy.
Also, be sure to check out the article measuring your body fat % with different methods.
Have questions about the PSMF Calculator? Leave me a comment below or visit our Community forums.
Having lost over 110+pounds on the Psmf Diet, I know what it takes to succeed in weight loss.
You’re not the only one who wants you to succeed. At PsmfDiet.com, I am committed to helping you meet your weight loss goals. I hold a Master’s degree as a Clinical Nurse Leader as well as a degree in Biology.
My mission is to provide you with accurate information, tools, and resources to succeed with your weight loss journey. Read More