Most of the time our meals on PSMF are pretty boring and cut dry. However, to make dieting much more enjoyable, adding in occasional snacks can really spruce things up.
There are a few products to help curb that appetite when you are just craving the munchies, but your calories can add up pretty quick, so try not to go overboard.
Below are some of my favorite PSMF Friendly Snacks.
- Bite into cool sour cream mixed with zesty green onion...now better than ever!
- 20g Protein, 3g Net Carbs, 1g Sugars, 2g Dietary Fiber, 130 Calories, 4g Fat
- Baked - Never Fried; Made with high-quality Whey and Milk Protein Isolates
- All Natural / Gluten Free / Potato Free
- Includes 8 Quest Sour Cream & Onion Protein Chips
Wild Bills Beef Jerky
- 15oz of Wild Bill's Hickory Smoked Beef Jerky in 7” strips (30 strips per bag)
- The original Pennsylvania Dutch, Amish-style “hung in the smokehouse” beef jerky since 1983
- Premium hickory smoked top round marinated in soy sauce, garlic, and black pepper
- Proudly made in the USA with 100% US beef - USDA inspected and approved
- Only 1 carb and 50 calories per 1oz serving
- 100% ALL NATURAL - Each pack is made with 100% all-natural certified USDA pasture-raised ostrich meat, giving you the leanest high-protein snacks with no artificial flavors. Every OSTRIM meat snack provides 14g of protein in 100 calories or less with a serving size of 42 grams (1.5 oz.).
- GRAB AND GO - OSTRIM Meat Sticks are ready-to-eat, with no refrigeration or preparation necessary, created with special vacuum packaging that locks nutrition, freshness and flavor. Formulated for the serious athletes, physical fitness enthusiast and anyone who's constantly "on the go".
- BEST QUALITY & NUTRITION - OSTRIM offers the absolute best in nutrition, flavor, convenience, and quality high-protein meat sticks, designed for people who are serious about their nutrition. When protein rich foods like OSTRIM is eaten, the protein is broken down by the liver and made into amino acids, which helps the health and maintenance of strong lean muscle, blood, skin, hair and internal organs.
- 4 FLAVORS - Containing 5 of each popular flavors such as Beef & Elk Teriyaki, Beef & Elk Sweet and Spicy, Turkey Applewood, and Turkey Brown Maple Sugar. Ensuring you will completely enjoy 4 variety of taste.
- HEALTHIER SNACK OPTION - Highly-recommended by many top athletes, nutritionists, personal trainers and dietitians as a natural source of low-fat meat protein, creating a healthier and leaner alternative to beef jerky. OSTRIM has more nutritional benefits as sports nutrition bars which helps fuel muscles, organs and the immune system.
- Six 0.3 oz. box of Jell-O Sugar Free Raspberry Instant Gelatin Mix
- Jell-O Sugar Free Raspberry Instant Gelatin Mix is a tasty sugar-free dessert that's easy to make
- Fat free per serving gelatin makes a good snack option
- This low calorie gelatin contains 10 calories per serving
- Packaged in a sealed pouch
- Miyasaka tofu 8 pack instant miso soup
- Quick and easy
- Contains fresh miso paste
- Non-GMO soybeans, no saturated fat, no cholesterol
- Enjoy the healthy benefits of soy
- Premium Natural Roasted Seaweed (Nori) Snack 5g -(Pack of 12) by Yangban
- Great for snacking
- Product of S. Korea
- Suitable for Vegetarian, Enjoy with cooked rice
- Enjoy a variety of Low Carbohydrate Snacks
- A crunchy snack to enjoy and help you on your diet
- A variety of my favorite flavors and textures.
- SALT & VINEGAR CRACKLINS HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED AND WILL BE REPLACED WITH AN ADDITIONAL SWEET & MILD.**
- Important - Refrigerated items are perishable and tend to have short shelf lives - some of these can be as little as two weeks from the date of receipt - if you are ordering a large quantity, or are otherwise concerned about expiration dates, consider a frozen product.
- Ships refrigerated, CANNOT be cancelled after being processed.
- SHIPS IN NEW BPA FREE SEAL BAG!
- MADE IN USA NO MSG All Natural MADE UPON ORDER
- Gluten Free, Napa Cabage
- Rich in probiotics! Visit luckyfood.com for more information.
- Shipped in styrofoam lined cooler packaging with ice gel(reusable; keep and reuse!) via Priority mail.
- WE SUGGEST YOU SELECT SECOND DAY OR EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR THIS ITEM
- SINCE 1934
- 99% FAT FREE
- NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS
- FULLY COOKED
Snacking Tips while doing PSMF Diet
Snacks can be the difference in failing or succeeding in your psmf diet plan.
When you’re trying to keep your hunger in check, taking a few extra bites isn’t worth it.
Too many bites and you will consume too many calories without realizing it.
Learning to have good snacking habits can keep you feeling good when it’s time for your weigh in at the scale.
When you plan your meals out, giving in to those small snacks during the day can take a toll — particularly in the event that you aren’t monitoring them.
Are you really guilty of catching a donut at your morning meeting or a couple of candies from your desk workers jar?
Being unaware of this type of eating is why it’s so easy to fall into the trap.
Even if it’s a lick, flavor, or a modest bite of a small candy, they all add up. You can really see this when you start to record your daily counts as well.
Having said that, it’s also important that you do snack while doing psmf. The important thing will be to find out the best way to eat responsibly on high-quality foods.
Keep track of your meal times
Research from a biochemical perspective shows when we’re attempting to keep our weight or lose it, stabilizing blood sugar by eating every 3-4 hours is essential.
You’ll be able to keep track of your calories and your always discharging insulin – which is great.
When you skip meals and snack through the entire day, it can cause you to become exceedingly hungry and overeat at your next meal. Developing a good meal schedule is essential.
Your snacks should be treated like Meals
When we are snacking a lot, we usually dismiss eating practices that are normal.
An example of this would be sitting at the table. An example of this is to be actively engaging in a conversation while digging into a bag of chips.
I think everyone has done this one time or another.
By not actively recognizing what you have, it can lead to overeating.
To appreciate it, take a seat and truly the take the time to place whatever you’re eating on a plate. This will make you treat it much more like a meal.
Understand the calories
Generally speaking, monitoring your snack calories will be very significant.
This is where proper everyday planning will be crucial in the protein sparing modified fast diet. Watch the numbers and keep records of what you are eating.
Use my calculator to make sure you are within your daily ranges.
Make sure you get the Macros
Snacking is meant to ensure you don’t go to dinner starving. This will cause you to get a low blood glucose reading.
Make sure your snacks are doing what they designed for which is to ensure it’s carbs, healthful fats, and proteins.
When … you can not stop
A good method to use if you can’t stop snacking is to brush your teeth.
You will find it harder to eat another snack or sweet after you have had a sweet mint taste in your mouth.
Some other tips include painting your nails, playing on the computer or anything that diverts you from going back in the kitchen.
After any of this, you more than likely will have forgotten about what you were craving.
Some people have had success using an EC Stack with psmf, but this is optional.
Command Your Surroundings
It’s pretty straightforward. Don’t keep snacks in the home in the event that you find that you’re having a serious problem with controlling yourself.
You will not be able to eat something if it’s not there.
If you have a particular problem with a certain food, then you need to stop buying it. If it’s not enjoyable to deprive yourself of your favorite foods, then it’s not worth keeping them.