Psmf Snacks – 12 Tasty Snacks for a PSMF Diet (Complete List)
Most of the time our meals on PSMF are pretty boring and cut dry. However, to make dieting much more enjoyable, adding in occasional snacks can really spruce things up.
There are a few products to help curb that appetite when you are just craving the munchies, but your calories can add up pretty quick, so try not to go overboard.
Below are some of my favorite PSMF Friendly Snacks.
Quest Nutrition Sour Cream & Onion Protein Chips, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Potato Free, Baked, (8 Count of 1.1 oz Bags) 9 oz
- Bite into cool sour cream mixed with zesty green onion...now better than ever!
- 20g Protein, 3g Net Carbs, 1g Sugars, 2g Dietary Fiber, 130 Calories, 4g Fat
- Baked - Never Fried; Made with high-quality Whey and Milk Protein Isolates
- All Natural / Gluten Free / Potato Free
- Includes 8 Quest Sour Cream & Onion Protein Chips
Wild Bills Beef Jerky
Wild Bills Hickory Smoked Beef Jerky Strips, 30-Count, 15-Ounce
- 15oz of Wild Bill's Hickory Smoked Beef Jerky in 7” strips (30 strips per bag)
- The original Pennsylvania Dutch, Amish-style “hung in the smokehouse” beef jerky since 1983
- Premium hickory smoked top round marinated in soy sauce, garlic, and black pepper
- Proudly made in the USA with 100% US beef - USDA inspected and approved
- Only 1 carb and 50 calories per 1oz serving
Ostrim High Protein Meat Snack Beef & Elk and Turkey Sticks, 4 Flavors - Variety Pack of 20
- 100% ALL NATURAL - Each pack is made with 100% all-natural certified USDA pasture-raised ostrich meat, giving you the leanest high-protein snacks with no artificial flavors. Every OSTRIM meat snack provides 14g of protein in 100 calories or less with a serving size of 42 grams (1.5 oz.).
- GRAB AND GO - OSTRIM Meat Sticks are ready-to-eat, with no refrigeration or preparation necessary, created with special vacuum packaging that locks nutrition, freshness and flavor. Formulated for the serious athletes, physical fitness enthusiast and anyone who's constantly "on the go".
- BEST QUALITY & NUTRITION - OSTRIM offers the absolute best in nutrition, flavor, convenience, and quality high-protein meat sticks, designed for people who are serious about their nutrition. When protein rich foods like OSTRIM is eaten, the protein is broken down by the liver and made into amino acids, which helps the health and maintenance of strong lean muscle, blood, skin, hair and internal organs.
- 4 FLAVORS - Containing 5 of each popular flavors such as Beef & Elk Teriyaki, Beef & Elk Sweet and Spicy, Turkey Applewood, and Turkey Brown Maple Sugar. Ensuring you will completely enjoy 4 variety of taste.
- HEALTHIER SNACK OPTION - Highly-recommended by many top athletes, nutritionists, personal trainers and dietitians as a natural source of low-fat meat protein, creating a healthier and leaner alternative to beef jerky. OSTRIM has more nutritional benefits as sports nutrition bars which helps fuel muscles, organs and the immune system.
Miyasaka Instant Miso Soup
- Miyasaka tofu 8 pack instant miso soup
- Quick and easy
- Contains fresh miso paste
- Non-GMO soybeans, no saturated fat, no cholesterol
- Enjoy the healthy benefits of soy
Low Carbohydrate Pork Rind Sampler 12 Pack
- Enjoy a variety of Low Carbohydrate Snacks
- A crunchy snack to enjoy and help you on your diet
- A variety of my favorite flavors and textures.
- SALT & VINEGAR CRACKLINS HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED AND WILL BE REPLACED WITH AN ADDITIONAL SWEET & MILD.**
Lucky Foods Seoul Original Kimchi 28 oz (Pack of 1) - Authentic Made to Order Korean Kimchi - Gluten-Free
- INSPIRED BY OUR KOREAN GRANDMA'S RECIPE: Based on our own family recipe which we've perfected for over 40 years. Made in small craft batches. From our kitchen to yours!
- STEP ONE: Start with high quality, locally sourced napa cabbage, farm fresh vegetables, and 100% authentic Gochugaru, the Korean chili pepper that gives our kimchi its distinct and bold flavor.
- STEP TWO: We pack our probiotic kimchi fresh and the fermentation takes place in the package! You get to control the flavor and length of fermentation! Enjoy!
- LAST STEP: We ship your delicious shipment of kimchi in an Insulated Pouch with a Reusable Moisture-Free Ice Gel Pack to Slow Fermentation and Preserve Product Quality
- CRAFTED WITH LOVE FROM PORTLAND OREGON: non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten-free kimchi. Created using the best ingredients with no articifial colors or preservatives.
Keto Friendly Protein Puffs
Twin Peaks Low Carb, Keto Friendly Protein Puffs, Nacho Cheese (300g, 21g Protein, 2g Carbs)
- FITS INTO EVERY DIET: Our Protein Puffs are completely free of junk—no nuts, no soy, no gluten, no potatoes, low carbs and low fat. It's even Ketogenic! We bake our quality ingredients so you get the best puff possible.
- REAL FOOD. GREAT PROTEIN: You no longer have to resort to protein powder to meet your dietary goals—our puffs are real food with a great taste. One cup has 21g of protein with 4.2g BCAAs and 4.5g Glutamic Acid.
- HIGH IN PROTEIN, LOW IN CARBS: Our puffs have as much protein as they do flavor at 21 grams of protein per serving. Plus they only have 2 grams of carbs! Looking for a healthier snack? We’ve got you covered.
- LOW IN CALORIES, HIGH IN FLAVOR: Each serving contains only 130 calories! Our puffs are tossed in a robust seasoning, promptly packaged and sealed with a tamper proof/stay-fresh seal to ensure product safety and maximum flavor.
- MILK PROTEIN: Protein Puffs are derived from high quality milk protein isolate. Unlike concentrates, our milk protein isolate undergoes microfiltration to separate protein from lactose & fat, resulting in less calories.
Snacking Tips while doing PSMF Diet
Snacks can be the difference in failing or succeeding in your psmf diet plan.
When you’re trying to keep your hunger in check, taking a few extra bites isn’t worth it.
Too many bites and you will consume too many calories without realizing it.
Learning to have good snacking habits can keep you feeling good when it’s time for your weigh in at the scale.
When you plan your meals out, giving in to those small snacks during the day can take a toll — particularly in the event that you aren’t monitoring them.
Are you really guilty of catching a donut at your morning meeting or a couple of candies from your desk workers jar?
Being unaware of this type of eating is why it’s so easy to fall into the trap.
Even if it’s a lick, flavor, or a modest bite of a small candy, they all add up. You can really see this when you start to record your daily counts as well.
Having said that, it’s also important that you do snack while doing psmf. The important thing will be to find out the best way to eat responsibly on high-quality foods.
Keep track of your meal times
Research from a biochemical perspective shows when we’re attempting to keep our weight or lose it, stabilizing blood sugar by eating every 3-4 hours is essential.
You’ll be able to keep track of your calories and your always discharging insulin – which is great.
When you skip meals and snack through the entire day, it can cause you to become exceedingly hungry and overeat at your next meal. Developing a good meal schedule is essential.
Your snacks should be treated like Meals
When we are snacking a lot, we usually dismiss eating practices that are normal.
An example of this would be sitting at the table. An example of this is to be actively engaging in a conversation while digging into a bag of chips.
I think everyone has done this one time or another.
By not actively recognizing what you have, it can lead to overeating.
To appreciate it, take a seat and truly the take the time to place whatever you’re eating on a plate. This will make you treat it much more like a meal.
Understand the calories
Generally speaking, monitoring your snack calories will be very significant.
This is where proper everyday planning will be crucial in the protein sparing modified fast diet. Watch the numbers and keep records of what you are eating.
Use my calculator to make sure you are within your daily ranges.
Make sure you get the Macros
Snacking is meant to ensure you don’t go to dinner starving. This will cause you to get a low blood glucose reading.
Make sure your snacks are doing what they designed for which is to ensure it’s carbs, healthful fats, and proteins.
When … you can not stop
A good method to use if you can’t stop snacking is to brush your teeth.
You will find it harder to eat another snack or sweet after you have had a sweet mint taste in your mouth.
Some other tips include painting your nails, playing on the computer or anything that diverts you from going back in the kitchen.
After any of this, you more than likely will have forgotten about what you were craving.
Some people have had success using an EC Stack with psmf, but this is optional.
Command Your Surroundings
It’s pretty straightforward. Don’t keep snacks in the home in the event that you find that you’re having a serious problem with controlling yourself.
You will not be able to eat something if it’s not there.
If you have a particular problem with a certain food, then you need to stop buying it. If it’s not enjoyable to deprive yourself of your favorite foods, then it’s not worth keeping them.