Tips for hunger control on Protein Sparing Modified Fast

Heather43

Tips for coping with the hunger? I know its a fast and hunger is to be expected but on day 3 mine is out of control!
Does it improve?

Crystal Jacobs

I make my own chicken broth soup. Lower sodium broth, chopped celery sticks, and a bit of lean white meat rotisserie chicken shredded in it. Microwave til warm and cooked. Kinda easy, low carb, filling.

Talia

I find as long as I eat a fair amount of veggies with my meals I'm not very hungry. Maybe add more? If youre not already?

bleach123

Fibrous foods will sustain you for hours so you need to eat more of them. You can also eat low-calorie but "fulling" foods (celery, cucumber, etc.) for snacks. Your body is still with just adjusting with the diet and this feeling is normal. You must continue and never break.

jaymish

I think eventually your body gets used to eating that way and it doesn't get hungry anymore. Give it a while maybe one month. I agree its good to eat, alot of vegetables because they have fiber and this will keep you full for longer. Drinking lots of water also helps, most hunger pangs are thirst. I also find drinking a cup of black coffee in the morning helps. Drink more water than is recommended a day, and you will be stuffed. I drink 3 liters instead of 2 liters. I also drink my water hot, this tricks my brain into thinking it is full.

bleach123

I think eventually your body gets used to eating that way and it doesn't get hungry anymore. Give it a while maybe one month. I agree its good to eat, alot of vegetables because they have fiber and this will keep you full for longer. Drinking lots of water also helps, most hunger pangs are thirst. I also find drinking a cup of black coffee in the morning helps. Drink more water than is recommended a day, and you will be stuffed. I drink 3 liters instead of 2 liters. I also drink my water hot, this tricks my brain into thinking it is full.
Drinking lukewarm water also helps in metabolism and aids in digestion. Wow! That black coffee is a must for me (coffee lover here). And this complements to drinking 2 liters or more of water to stay hydrated.

Enyi

It will definitely improve remember your body is trying to adjust to the new routine and some issues are expected like hunger pangs especially from the third day downward it shows that your body is trying to adjust to the new routine .Don't back out, just continue with the diet.

logitech19

I drink a lot of fluids, even just water helps alleviate the hunger you're experiencing, and avoid the acidic drinks and food.

ion

I think drinking more water is enough for that. If you feel hungry, drink, or if you have some fresh fruits, eat it, or make some fruit shakes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I General Discussion 15
C Exercise & Training 6
Elizabeth Swartz Website Articles 0