REFEED & FREE MEAL in 1 Week

jreck

Hello fellow PSMF'ers. According to my placement within the calculation on this site, it says I will require 1 5-hour Refeed and 1 Free meal per week. How do I go about implementing both of these in a week? I'm guessing I wouldn't do both on the same day...

What's recommended?

Elizabeth Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hello fellow PSMF'ers. According to my placement within the calculation on this site, it says I will require 1 5-hour Refeed and 1 Free meal per week. How do I go about implementing both of these in a week? I'm guessing I wouldn't do both on the same day...

What's recommended?
Hi jreck and Welcome to the Psmf Community!

As far as the Free Meal- Ideally, you want to schedule the "free meal" on your most active day and make it your evening meal. This can come at the day of your choosing.
As Far as the Refeed - You will want to choose a day for the "Refeed" and make it end at bedtime. This will make it easier to go back to your diet in the morning.

Also, remember that your weight will tend to spike after free meals and refeeds, but do not worry about this. This is just water weight and will be gone quickly.

jreck

Hi jreck and Welcome to the Psmf Community!

As far as the Free Meal-
Ideally, you want to schedule the "free meal" on your most active day and make it your evening meal. This can come at the day of your choosing.
As Far as the Refeed - You will want to choose a day for the "Refeed" and make it end at bedtime. This will make it easier to go back to your diet in the morning.

Also, remember that your weight will tend to spike after free meals and refeeds, but do not worry about this. This is just water weight and will be gone quickly.

Thank you Elizabeth. Is keeping it spread evenly more ideal to ensure leptin elevated most efficiently throughout the week?

Mon - psmf
Tues - psmf
Wed - psmf + free meal (evening)
Th - psmf
Fri - psmf
Sat- psmf + refeed (evening)
Sun - psmf

Last edited by a moderator:

Elizabeth Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Jimmy. Is keeping it spread evenly more ideal to ensure leptin elevated most efficiently throughout the week?

Mon - psmf
Tues - psmf
Wed - psmf + free meal (evening)
Th - psmf
Fri - psmf
Sat- psmf + refeed (evening)
Sun - psmf
Hi jreck!

You are correct. If you can keep these spread out, it's going to be ideal for your levels. However, if there is a week when you have to do them closely, then it's not going to be the worse thing. The important thing is to make sure that you are doing them in the time frame that is given for your category.