PSMF Refeeds - How much do you cheat on them?

Felicia Jacobs

Hi! I just joined. This is week 2 of psmf for me. I hope I’m doing it right. Lol. A friend told me about this and he lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. If I lose too slowly, I lose motivation quickly. I’m thinking of doing this for about a month or so, then will lean towards keto type with calories increased from 600-800 to 1200 and add exercise. How much do you cheat on the weekends for refeeds? I lost 3.5 pounds last week, which was probably just water weight.

Katie Wright

I am tracking with an app. I’m eating things that don’t need to be measured usually, to make it easier. For example, I eat hard boiled eggs, a burger or hot dog(without the bun, obviously), vegetables, low fat cheese stick, tuna packet...my friend who did this before said he pigged out on the weekends, so that’s where I got the idea of cheating from.

Crystal Jacobs

Get yourself a good tracking app like Cronometer which will tell you the macros (protein, fat, and carbs) in the food you want to eat, and a basic food scale (under $10 at somewhere like Walmart) and set of measuring cups and spoons (dollar store) to weigh and measure your food. This is nowhere near as complicated as you are making it out to be. The app will do all the math for you. It IS okay if you're just not ready to make the commitment to the diet, just do something else instead of half-assing it.

As for cheating on weekends, that is absolute nonsense. SOME people, not everyone, get one or two free meals (not days) a week, some people, not everyone, get carb refeeds - that's in the book, chapter 10. If your friend was "pigging out on the weekends" he was not doing PSMF right, which is why we tell people to read the book and not depend on what they heard from somebody about it. It's too easy to cancel out your whole week's calorie deficit, what's the point of restricting all week if you're just going to eat it all back on the weekend?

Teresa

For my refeeds I add tubers such as yuca and sweet potatoes. I eat green plantains, maybe a cup of rice, beans, and try to keep the foods as natural as possible but I did indulge in corn chips last weekend. I still track everything and I’m losing about a pound a week, I’m only 4 pounds away from my goal so a pound means a lot for me. I come from a keto way of eating so I am still sticking to no wheat. Just keep tracking, be as accurate as possible because calories add up so fast. good luck

Felicia Jacobs

Get yourself a good tracking app like Cronometer which will tell you the macros (protein, fat, and carbs) in the food you want to eat, and a basic food scale (under $10 at somewhere like Walmart) and set of measuring cups and spoons (dollar store) to weigh and measure your food. This is nowhere near as complicated as you are making it out to be. The app will do all the math for you. It IS okay if you're just not ready to make the commitment to the diet, just do something else instead of half-assing it.

As for cheating on weekends, that is absolute nonsense. SOME people, not everyone, get one or two free meals (not days) a week, some people, not everyone, get carb refeeds - that's in the book, chapter 10. If your friend was "pigging out on the weekends" he was not doing PSMF right, which is why we tell people to read the book and not depend on what they heard from somebody about it. It's too easy to cancel out your whole week's calorie deficit, what's the point of restricting all week if you're just going to eat it all back on the weekend?
I have an app that does that. I have a scale but the battery dies all the time so I will have to get a more expensive one. I don’t need a food scale when I can measure in cups my veggies, and a hot dog is counted as a hot dog, just like a hard boiled egg is an egg.

I’m just saying what my friend did, he said if he lost 3 pounds during the week he would pig out on the weekend. He still lost weight doing that.

Felicia Jacobs

thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it. I keep getting the Atkins, Keto and psmf confused. If I were doing Atkins I could eat burgers, hot dogs and bacon. Lol! I’m still in the fat range I should be in, but I will switch to lean meats next week after this food is gone. Thank you, again!