Psmf Free Meal question

Beth Johnson

Hi all,

I'm having a free meal tomorrow and I was wondering what I do for the rest of the day? Do I track the meal (which will still be Keto) and then only eat up to maintenance calories for the remainder of the day? Or completely ignore it and track normal PSMF style post free meal? I have the book but couldn't find an answer.

Thanks!

Tony Elder

It's not a refeed. You make sure you hit your daily protein and have 1 free meal without worrying about the composition. Unless you're hitting up a buffet (which you shouldn't be) you should still be in a deficit.

It's not a refeed. You make sure you hit your daily protein and have 1 free meal without worrying about the composition. Unless you're hitting up a buffet (which you shouldn't be) you should still be in a deficit.
Yes, that's just a free meal. You must keep tracking your protein and calories.

Henrywrites

It is fine as long as you keep track on your caloric intake and do not consume more than how much your body burns.
As long as he keeps track of the calories that is being taken on that particular day, I don't feel there is any worry on his part. So, this is my major concern as well each time that I try to think about the meals that I take on a daily basis.

jaymish

I constantly have free days. In fact I stay on this diet for 5 out of 7 days. On the weekends I eat as normal, I try to have as many fruits as possible so that I don't compromise my immunity. During the weekend I have coffee with cream and sugar, fruits , the occasional treat of fast foods. On Monday I continue on the diet. I believe this helps me stay on the diet, it also helps me loose the weight because it gives my metabolism a break in my humble opinion.Keep track of your progress and do what works for you.

Kakashi2020

You can eat normally if it's your free day or meal and track your calories afterwards. As long as you're sticking to your diet regimen it would be okay.

Well not bad for having free meal . just have discipline and track to your calories. You can have at lunch. Or at time where it digest fastly.

Enyi

Free meals will always come and there in our face but that isn't the problem, the problem is keeping track of your protein content and calories if you're disciplined in the two area, you will be fine.