Protein per sitting with psmf?

Rae12

Your body will deal with the distribution of the amino acids from the protein regardless of how much you eat.

Can u eat it all in one meal? Sure... not the ideal why if you want to maximize muscle protein synthesis ... which is better achieved with several protein meals in the day (at least 30g per meal)

Yes, it matters. Try to divide all your daily protein equally between the meals. It' important to maintain amino acids flowing on your body all the day to not catabolize your muscles.

Martinsx

It's not wise to eat anything in too much proportion at a seating. It's not going to be good for one's body digestive system. I have had an experience where I ended up purging from consuming too much protein at a seating.

bleach123

Personally, I will distribute out my protein intake for my body to sustain and to avoid cravings. You may consume more and will ruin your diet.

jaymish

I agree I would divide my protein between meals. I bet you anything that you won't be able to consume all that protein in one meal.Its useful to remember that protein really fills you up. Have you ever tried having like 3 full eggs for breakfast or a chicken salad for lunch? Your full pretty much till the end of the day. You don't need to snack at all. All you need is water or coffee and your good. Thats why people who eat one meal a day, end up eating less and they probably don't eat the recommended protein requirement for the day.I highly doubt you will be able to accomplish this but if you do, more power to you. Let us know how it goes, maybe it works.

bleach123

I agree I would divide my protein between meals. I bet you anything that you won't be able to consume all that protein in one meal.Its useful to remember that protein really fills you up. Have you ever tried having like 3 full eggs for breakfast or a chicken salad for lunch? Your full pretty much till the end of the day. You don't need to snack at all. All you need is water or coffee and your good. Thats why people who eat one meal a day, end up eating less and they probably don't eat the recommended protein requirement for the day.I highly doubt you will be able to accomplish this but if you do, more power to you. Let us know how it goes, maybe it works.
True! You can't consume all the protein you need in just one sitting. Eating lesser and not eating the recommended protein requirement means your diet is already unbalanced and may affect you in the long run.

DenisP

The whole point behind a PSMF diet is to introduce the minimally required amount of protein to your diet while minimizing caloric intake. When and how you get this protein is completely up to you.

If you perform any sort of exercise, strength training in particular, I'd recommend you get the highest concentration of protein after such activities. This is so that your body instantly uses the protein to help regenerate muscle fibers as opposed to potentially converting to fat due to not being used.

Just make sure you're getting about .8-1.2 grams of protein per pound of lean body mass, and the rest is up to your own discretion. I just wouldn't recommend eating at least three hours before bed, because protein takes a while to digest and if you're asleep while it's digesting it'll probably just go to fat reserves.