Making progress after seeing the doctor today....

PSMFer

I had a check up with my Endocrinologist today. I'm down 29 pounds from when I last saw her, my blood work, blood pressure, etc., is still all good, and she had to double check my file because she thought I was much younger than 50
:) Also, while BMI is junk, I was super happy to find out I'm no longer morbidly obese.

Long way to go, but, I'm so happy I finally found a way to lose the weight! I'm planning a clothes shopping trip to somewhere good in late October.

logitech19

I remember this feeling of fulfillment, especially seeing your old friends who don't even recognize you the first time they see you. The health benefits are great bonuses too.

jaymish

Congratulations. Well done. Loosing weight is not easy, this way of eating definitely makes it simpler. However not everyone can keep eating like this to the degree that you lose weight. Especially if you love carbs like most of us, hence the weight. It is also encouraging that they are other health benefits that coming with doing all the work you have been doing. You must be jumping up and down with excitement,leaving the morbidly obese class is a great great achievement.

Anne18

It's good to her that your improving in your diet. I don't personally know you but I want to congratulate you in your achievement. Diet is hard when there's no discipline. It's good that you've overcome your weakness. Keep it up!

Henrywrites

I remember this feeling of fulfillment, especially seeing your old friends who don't even recognize you the first time they see you. The health benefits are great bonuses too.
This is just my story as my old time friends that saw the picture that I uploaded on social media couldn't believe their eyes of what they saw. It is all about getting to look good and attractive.

Henrywrites

It's good to her that your improving in your diet. I don't personally know you but I want to congratulate you in your achievement. Diet is hard when there's no discipline. It's good that you've overcome your weakness. Keep it up!
Discipline is the key and when there is self discipline, everything is going to work nice since it is a personal resolve to continue working towards the goal. I have seen those that began, but couldn't keep up with the diet and my mind tells me that they lack the need self discipline to push through it.

logitech19

This is just my story as my old time friends that saw the picture that I uploaded on social media couldn't believe their eyes of what they saw. It is all about getting to look good and attractive.
Yeah, it's even better when they actually see you in person because they think that the picture is edited or something, lol, and they say out loud, "how did you get so fit?" and other people in public just look at you, as well, lol.

Henrywrites

Yeah, it's even better when they actually see you in person because they think that the picture is edited or something, lol, and they say out loud, "how did you get so fit?" and other people in public just look at you, as well, lol.
You are right as I am feeling great and motivated to keep up the good work that I am doing when it comes to dieting and eating nice. Also, the fact that I enjoys exercising a lot has made things work pretty fast for me.

Steve5

I"m glad you're doing well. Many of us learn from our experiences in terms of diet. They give us enough motivation to live a healthier and happier life.

Steve5

Happy to hear how well you are doing! I'm 50 as well and say it's never too late to make positive changes!
Let's toast to that! Being old doesn't make you any less of a strong individual. We should stay active and fit through regular diet and exercise. I still feel great despite my age.

Henrywrites

Let's toast to that! Being old doesn't make you any less of a strong individual. We should stay active and fit through regular diet and exercise. I still feel great despite my age.
This is true as those that are old should try as much as they can to live a life that is going to be envied by others in the same area.

wallet

Congratulation, I am sure you are proud of yourself, do not give up and keep going, you will see that all the effort you put to achieve your goal was not in vain.

Steve5

This is true as those that are old should try as much as they can to live a life that is going to be envied by others in the same area.
I'd rather it be to inspire others. People need positive motivation in life. Sometimes envy can cause them to be complacent instead of actively pursuing such goals. Hahaha! :D

Steve5

Congratulation, I am sure you are proud of yourself, do not give up and keep going, you will see that all the effort you put to achieve your goal was not in vain.
I've also felt what you said. After all the hard work and patience needed, I was able to achieve my goals. I'm sure everyone can do this too. Let's stay positive!