Is bike-riding a good exercise for losing weight?

Julz98

Hello, I enjoy riding a bicycle every day and I'm just want to know if riding a bicycle is good to lose weight.

myblogger

Yes, it is good for exercise. It helps you a lot for losing weight because it perspire you every time you do this. Biking for me is good exercise for loosing your weight effectively.

juanmateo

Of course, I am a amateur cyclist. Before I started cycling. My weight is 70 kg with height of 5'7 at the age of 20. Very over weight right? Haha. Then I started to go for cardio excercise such as jogging and cycling then after 4 months with proper diet and rest I lost 18 kg. You can do it too. Goodluck!

shai

Yes of course! I’ve seen friends shed half their size and heard from readers who have lost more than 100 pounds by adding cycling to their weight loss arsenal, which, yes, must include a healthy diet. Riding a bike makes you feel like a kid. You can go places and explore, pedal through pretty scenery, and feel the fresh air wash over you. You’re not looking at the clock willing your obligatory 30 minutes to go by. You’re enjoying the ride and getting some exercise.
I have also read that exercise science shows that high-intensity interval training (HIIT) is a fast way to boost your fitness, rev your metabolism, and stimulate human growth hormone, all of which help you ultimately fry more fat. There’s no better place to push those max intervals than on a bike because there’s zero impact, just effort. Cycling is so gentle on your joints it is often recommended as the exercise of choice for people with arthritis and other joint ailments.

AnneNoir

Yes, my friend lost some weight when she started Biking every afternoon as her exercise and she started to eat healthy and cut out junk foods.

myra21

Yes bike riding can lose weight especially if you do it atleast half an hour five times a week and adding a healthy diet.Cycling helps to burn calories fast.

logitech19

Yes, biking will also help you shape your lower extremities even better and can generally fill your need for doing cardio exercises.

dashiel149

Of course. It will not just help to lose your weight but also helps in enhancing your endurance. It is a good cardio exercise and will lengthen your breathing capability.

jaybee19

Yes it's a good exercise for losing weight though not as much effective as to when you're exercising at the gym or restricting your diet. Biking is actually good for the muscles and it will also make you very energetic. It can also increase your leg muscles and will reduce your belly fat.

Isozceles

I've heard is a good way of losing weight. Bike riding is an aerobic exercise, cadiovacular too meaning that your body requires oxygen to complete the movements and energy in the form of calories. When your body uses calories, you can lose weight. As with all exercises it required dedication, so maybe an hour per day would be a good place to start, that's how I used to doit when my brother got an stationary bike, I also watched some series in my laptop to avoid getting bored.

With a real bike it might me more fun since you can do it outside and just circle around and let the time fly.

Yes Biking is good for cardio workout. Plus it strengthens your lower body, including your glutes, legs and hips that's one of daily routine every morning and before evening night. somehow it make it also giving me a relaxation feeling that I can be alone while traveling with my bike. Do it daily and helping you too maintain the body you like and good if you want loosing weight.

wallet

Oh yes, riding a bicycle is good to lose weight, is one of the best exercise for losing weight. Many people are going to gym and use a bike, why not to enjoy the nature of this exercise!

Definitely yes, it really helps us to loose weight. Try it every morning. It really feels great riding a bike aside from being enjoyable it is also a good exercise.

amelia88

The times that I've been in the best shape in life have been times where I was doing a lot of biking. Firstly I think it's just a really fun activity, so you almost don't feel like you're working out at all. Secondly, it can be a convenient way of getting from A to B...and then you have all the benefits of getting a workout in as well!

Lost93

Biking is an excellent cardio training. It will help you to lose weight. It will also strengthen your feet and your buttocks. It would be best if you drive it in the morning before breakfast, on an empty stomach. This will make the effect better.

Jaymalie

Biking alone won't help you loose weight remember it only concentrates on your legs when peddling but let's look at this way your ridding on a hilly ground you will need energy to peddle and you will begin sweating and sweating means some fats are

I think it doesn't make you lose weight that much since only your legs are working. It may help you lose weight but not as much as other activities can do.

You can burn a lot of calories on bike-riding, and if you love it, I would say it's perfect to you lose weight. You just need to diet appropriately and the results will come.

Julz98

Yes of course! I’ve seen friends shed half their size and heard from readers who have lost more than 100 pounds by adding cycling to their weight loss arsenal, which, yes, must include a healthy diet. Riding a bike makes you feel like a kid. You can go places and explore, pedal through pretty scenery, and feel the fresh air wash over you. You’re not looking at the clock willing your obligatory 30 minutes to go by. You’re enjoying the ride and getting some exercise.
I have also read that exercise science shows that high-intensity interval training (HIIT) is a fast way to boost your fitness, rev your metabolism, and stimulate human growth hormone, all of which help you ultimately fry more fat. There’s no better place to push those max intervals than on a bike because there’s zero impact, just effort. Cycling is so gentle on your joints it is often recommended as the exercise of choice for people with arthritis and other joint ailments.
Wow! I thought riding a bicycle is just for fun, but I was wrong because it is very helpful to our body. Thanks to your advice and I agree that riding a bike makes me feel like a kid again and I enjoy it.