How to stay motivated to lose weight

Henrywrites

You motivation needs to be more concrete to keep you going, and just achieving a certain number won't be enough. I find it better to think of how I will fit on my shirt if I don't lose weight, or how I have to spend even more buying clothes if I lose sight and go to my old ways.
I quite agree with you on the need for us to look at appearances as the best motivation of staying on that goal of losing weight. I mean if we tend to set targets, there is this tendency that you might end up slowing down once those goals have been achieved.

vivalavanda

First of all, before you start your journey of losing weight, you need to accept your body first. Being in denial of how you look your body will have a lot of effects on your journey, you need to accept that you need to lose weight. I motivate myself by putting some motivational videos on while I am exercising, you can found a lot of this on YouTube, I recommend Mateusz M channel, the motivational speeches will really let you run again another mile because it keeps your spirit up. Another thing I do is putting some motivational quotes and will glue it up in the room where I exercise. While doing the exercise and reading those quotes like "Losers do not give up" or "If you don't want something, change it", it will help you to keep on going.

MittensFX

Just think about summer coming soon.How you wish to have a perfect body and all the girls at the pool are looking at you and with a point of a finger any of those girls can be yours.If you don't see the results at start,don't worry as more you train the better the results will be.

logitech19

I quite agree with you on the need for us to look at appearances as the best motivation of staying on that goal of losing weight. I mean if we tend to set targets, there is this tendency that you might end up slowing down once those goals have been achieved.
Yeah, it's very easy to lose motivation when you're just basing it off on the numbers on the weighing scale. Personally, I feel more encouraged seeing my body in the mirror at the shape where I want it to be and other people complimenting me for it.

Henrywrites

Yeah, it's very easy to lose motivation when you're just basing it off on the numbers on the weighing scale. Personally, I feel more encouraged seeing my body in the mirror at the shape where I want it to be and other people complimenting me for it.
That is true and the way that I've been pushing myself as well. Unlike what some of us do with numbers, it is better to focus of the physical goals and see how better we get with doing so at the end of the day.

bienn05

Just take a photo of yourself and get some photo of a model who has a good body. Always look at that for your inspiration. I know this is a bit weird but I think it would be a great help seeing someone who achieved a good body be your inspiration. Your mind will think that if they achieved it, you can achieved it also. It's just a matter of inspiration and concentration. Everyone can do achieve a good body.

ChristineOh

Keep yourself motivated is one of the most difficult task that we should do while on a diet and if you failed on it then it will end to giving up your goal. You should keep on mind what's you goals is. You should be aware of what is going on or what you are doing. You have to condition your mind to be able to start your weight lose journey and don't forget to set your goal. Be confident and always think that you can do everything you want .

ericka1999

In case you're attempting to stay with your weight reduction moitvation, rehearse uprightness in different aspects of your life, proposes Andre Farnell, a confirmed quality and molding mentor and proprietor of Better Body Expert. Take care of your personal business (at long last), pay off your obligations, follow through on your guarantees to companions, family, or collaborators. Work on staying with guarantees or responsibilities you've made in different aspects of your life keeping in mind the end goal to fortify your own subliminal conviction that you can maintain the guarantee to get more fit that you've made to yourself. Try not to hold up "until the point when you lose the weight" to take that get-away, visit that old companion, or attempt that move class; experience your objectives now, and appreciate them en route, says Stephanie Merchant, an ensured wellbeing and way of life mentor. Envision you are as of now at your objective weight. How would you feel? What might you eat? What might you drink? How might your day look? What are you postponing doing until the point when you achieve that objective? Timetable it now and move your outlook from "discipline mode" to a fulfilling and enabling one to remain propelled to get more fit.

fishbate

Very informative article, i love the "Have a clear definition of your need Very" category specially how you use the SMART method. I know this method because it's commonly used as a goal setter. Attainability, is one of the most important factors in setting a goal. Don't go to high because you can always set a new higher goal after you have successfully done one.

clairmatin

This is the hardest for me, the times I actively tried to work out and lose weight, I just lost intered very fast and never quite completed my goal, still havent' to be honest. It happens to me in other aspects of my life as well, the bhest solution I have found is having someone to share your goal, that way, you can keep each other motivated and fullfill your goals, without mentioning how fun it is to work out with a friend.
I can relate! I lose interest very fast and I only gain it back if I've seen some results, but the problem is that I don't put enough effort to see any results, lol. It's very hard to stay motivated and focused on your goals so I really admire people who can do that. And having a friend that shares your goals is great, but I don't have one like that, unfortunately.

clairmatin

The list is good, I think that to stay motivated you need a goal to reach and thinking always of some positive results will make you keep working and not give up!
The hardest times that you want to give up in are when you can't see any results. Staying motivated during that period is the hardest. I believe most of us would be very happy and won't have any problems staying motivated once they've already seen some results. But those that haven't will find it hard to stay motivated and focused on their goals and they might even quit. Like me, if I don't see fast results I usually just quit :(