How to stay motivated to lose weight

jaymish

In my opinion this list does not ensure that you stay motivated. This list helps to facilitate your goal. The way to stay motivated, I found is to stay focused on why you are trying to loose weight. All of us have diffrent reasons. Is it to be healthy and strong? Is it to look good? Is it because of your doctor or health reasons? Is it out of self love? Whatever the reason we need to focus on that. If the reason is strong enough, it will keep you through the hard times of hunger pangs, hard workouts, being fed up of eating the same proteins over and over again(I should know because my main protein source is eggs, which sometimes I literally can't stand but have to make do with)

logitech19

You motivation needs to be more concrete to keep you going, and just achieving a certain number won't be enough. I find it better to think of how I will fit on my shirt if I don't lose weight, or how I have to spend even more buying clothes if I lose sight and go to my old ways.

puregrace

Motivation automatically comes when positive results are seen. It has happened to me many times when I used to do exercises for reducing my belly fat. The more I see the results, is the more I stick to it. When the results are slow, it takes more courage to remain stable and continuos.

Thus, we need a lot of courage too when we have to lose weight. Consistency needs motivation and that can be done with proper understanding about how to loose the weight.

Isozceles

This is the hardest for me, the times I actively tried to work out and lose weight, I just lost intered very fast and never quite completed my goal, still havent' to be honest. It happens to me in other aspects of my life as well, the bhest solution I have found is having someone to share your goal, that way, you can keep each other motivated and fullfill your goals, without mentioning how fun it is to work out with a friend.

carol0502

In my own experience when it comes to going exerciseI think staying on tract keeps me motivated. Like if I run yesterday then feels like not going today makes me think that my Exercise yesterday will go to waste if I don't run the today. I always keep that in mind and also when I feel tired it's only the time when you getting up to your bed and then if your up already, your energy will slowly rise up. That's what I always say to myself.

And meeting new people is something to look up to.

When all about dieting well, track yourself and see if your body changes and if you can that there's a bit changes that will surely keeps you motivated.

amelia88

I think the importance of clear targets is massive. It's hard to know what you're shooting for if you've never really sat down and defined it, so having those goals mapped out is crucial.

I'm also someone who appreciates visual goals - I keep a pinboard over my desk where I stick up things that motivate me. So that point definitely hit home for me as well.

Steve5

In my opinion this list does not ensure that you stay motivated. This list helps to facilitate your goal. The way to stay motivated, I found is to stay focused on why you are trying to loose weight. All of us have diffrent reasons. Is it to be healthy and strong? Is it to look good? Is it because of your doctor or health reasons? Is it out of self love? Whatever the reason we need to focus on that. If the reason is strong enough, it will keep you through the hard times of hunger pangs, hard workouts, being fed up of eating the same proteins over and over again(I should know because my main protein source is eggs, which sometimes I literally can't stand but have to make do with)
This is such a thoughtful response. I wholeheartedly agree with you. I've experienced having doubts about keeping a steady diet and maintaining my routines. But through understanding my own motivations, I was able to move past these difficulties and succeed.

ShyllaCote

You motivation needs to be more concrete to keep you going, and just achieving a certain number won't be enough. I find it better to think of how I will fit on my shirt if I don't lose weight, or how I have to spend even more buying clothes if I lose sight and go to my old ways.
Yeah, that's a really great and practical way to motivate myself to lose weight too! I'd like to work hard to fit back into my old clothes and finally cut the craving to buy new ones. That way I feel more confident that I can do it. That idea is totally awesome BTW!

Julz98

Being motivated is the best way to achieve your goal, especially in losing a weight. Just remember to focus on your goal and always remember to break the goal down into smaller pieces which is helpful to achieve your goal without giving up on being motivated. Remember also Shia LaBeouf "Just Do It" motivational speech. :)

acediet001

Motivation is such a difficult thing because it can be one thing for one and another thing for another. Honestly, I have no problem with weight gain because I have maintained my weight at 150 lbs for eons now. Perhaps the best way to share tips about losing weight is to observe and probably gain some insights from those who have maintained their weights until they were in their 90s. My dad is now in his late eighties and looking back I remember he does a lot of walking. In fact, walking was probably the only thing he does to keep fit. I don't remember him dieting like avoiding meat and all that stuff. Now, I do walking too and I got that inspiration, not motivation, from my dad.

Lost93

To stay motivated, you must know exactly what your goal is, what you want to achieve. If you do not know that, then motivation is quickly lost. Write down your goals and stick to them. They will constantly remind you of why you can not give up.

Jaymalie

Have a goal and someone who you want to have a body like hers put her somewhere you can see and set your mind yes you can.
Adjust your diet to make the journey less short.
Always keep in mind good things take time and good things to come they require you making a sacrifice once and for all and it make you even live longer and look younger .

Ahall2018

The thIng that keeps me motivated is watching my favorite youtubers fitness channels all the time. It may sound extremely weird but hey, it works. They are always just coming out with new ideas of workouts or meal plans. Keeps me on my A game.

nekonieden

I motivated to lose weight because of how people looked down on me and how they insulted me. I have been into a lot of struggles and frustrations before especially when I was in an unhealthy relationship. I have been struggling by those harsh words said by folks and I always remember it. I was so depressed and so stressed at that time because of my ex was kept on fooling and messing around with other girls. I became so heavy and my weight really gained a lot. I ended up 80 kilos with my height of 4'10 so I think I am already obese at that time after I broke up with my ex and another guy fooled me. One time, one person told me some painful words that I have to cry a lot but wanting to hide in my room because I don't want them to see me crying. After that incident, I promised myself that someday I will gonna show them how beautiful and sexy I am. I wanted to show them that they will gonna regret one day those times when they called me those painful words things. Now I really lose my weight from 80 kilos to 52 kilos and until now I am still craving to lose more my weight and it gets me even motivated when people around me noticed that I became sexier and prettier than before.

blogger20188

I you have guts to this you can do it. Stay at your own and do not give. Many techniques who use by fitness expert to lose weight just ask them what is the proper way to do this or do some on youtube I think there are video clips there about losing weight.

juanmateo

First thing to remember to keep your self motivated to lose weight is to ask yourself why you started doing this. You don't do this because you just want to impress the people you want but rather you are doing this beacuse you need to be healthy and prove to others that you can be a better version of yourself. Everymorning affirm your self with a quote that motivates you. "I am worthy of this, I am Limitless, I can do this,". Never ever listen to people that are discouraging you! Listen to yourself, because you are the one who is responsible for your self. No one can make changes on your. It's only you who can make you a etter version. 2nd is do not expect perfection but instead look forward to a progress. He buddy, no one can lose a half of their weight in just a month. Be realistic, It takes a lot of time in reaching your goals. But staying determined, you can do it faster. It took me almost 8 months to loose 30 kg of my weight. I never lose determination because I want to be better. If you think can't make it, just believe and everything will go on it's right path. Goodluck!

wallet

The list is good, I think that to stay motivated you need a goal to reach and thinking always of some positive results will make you keep working and not give up!

Anne18

For me, motivating yourself in losing weight is very hard especially when you don't have a clear mindset and self-discipline. Self-discipline and a clear vission of your goal is two of the key factors in losing weight. It's difficult to resist the temptation to eat more than you needed. It's a task, a difficult task that definitely will turn to positive result if you really put yourself into it.

JackOAT

I concentrate on my mood after I've eaten a healthy meal or how I feel after a great workout. For me, weight loss motivation doesn't always have to come before an activity. I focus on how I feel each time I exercise, the benefits of burning calories, plus the reinforcement of remembering how good it felt to do it, which increases my motivation to do more.