How to keep the weight off after losing it

jaymish

I think this is the hardest part in your weight loss journey and the one that contributes most to your success. There is simply no use spending months or years trying to lose weight and then gaining it back, this is simply counterproductive.I have lost weight before and put it back on and more. I'm glad to see that PSMF is advising on maintenance, most diets don't do this and leads to a viscous cycle of weight loss and weight gain for most people for most of their lives. Look at stars like Oprah Winfrey and Janet Jackson that lose, gain,lose and then gain again. They are many weight loss coaches, but next to none, maintenance ones.

puregrace

Self control is the answer for maintaining the weight loss. When weight loss is done, we have to control our eating habits and continue doing needful exercises. Generally, ignorance results in weight gain again. But, having the passion to weight loss would results in maintaining it too.

One can help you to do weight loss, but, maintaining it depends upon the individual. This is applicable to everything we do.

jaybee19

Keeping the weight is actually the reason why I stopped from dieting and exercising tho. It's just so hard to maintain a healthy body. With all the temptations and delicious food, it made me eat a lot specially that college life is very stressful and it makes you wanna eat a lot of food. Fortunately, I've decided to go back in losing my weight and I hope I'd be able to maintain the results now.

Isozceles

Changing habits is the main goal. Your body could take the weight loss like something bad and try to recover all that you lost, so you have to fight with your brain til he changes its mind. It may be harderst part about losing weight actually, since once you lose it, you have to keep your body in check constantly.

myblogger

Limit yourself from eating a lot of foods or eating foods that makes get fat. Eat more vegetables rather than rice.

amelia88

The planning for me is the most useful thing. There's that old saying that goes "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail" and I think it's true. If I don't have meals prepped in advance and I start getting hungry, it's easy enough for me to just reach for whatever is close, rather than something that's nutritionally sound and fits my eating requirements. Being ready is half the battle!

Steve5

Self control is the answer for maintaining the weight loss. When weight loss is done, we have to control our eating habits and continue doing needful exercises. Generally, ignorance results in weight gain again. But, having the passion to weight loss would results in maintaining it too.

One can help you to do weight loss, but, maintaining it depends upon the individual. This is applicable to everything we do.
I hear you. It's the greatest factor to consider. Not many people can control their eating habits. Most of us eat out of frequency and not because of necessity. We don't eat because we need to. We do it because we want to. And so it contributes to weight gain after losing it.

acediet001

One success leads to another and if one has already made gains in losing weight, then one can just replicate or do the same thing all over again. Frankly, I eat all the stuff there is in the world, from the most delicious to the not-so-delicious foods. My secret probably lies on when I eat the most and eat the least, of these foods. It's no secret actually because I take everything I can during breakfast and eat the least at night.

Anne18

Self-discipline and consistency is key. You need to be consistent in your diet. Don't get tempted. Most of us, stop exercising and doing the diet stuffs when we achieve alredy what we want. It's a big mistake. I used to do it also. And it's very wrong. We have to stick to our strick diet routine. It's a matter of self-discipline.

Jaymalie

Keeping the weight off stands out to be a big challenge for most of us because when you have achieved your goal you just want to stop investing all your money and time in the gym .One should instead keep exercising if you have been going to the gym 5 times a week reduce the number to twice a week and if you have been working out for 4hours just reduce it because it gets tiring to wake up to the same thing everyday .