How many fat and carb grams to stay on PSMF?

PSMFer

How many fat and carb grams do most people try to stay at on PSMF. I'm doing not over 20 grams carbs and not over 50 grams fat. The chart I used said I needed to be at about 180 grams protein which puts me at about 1000 calories.

Nancy19

20 carbs and 20 fat. Many people do net carbs for veggies so you can actually eat some. I always go over on carbs because I need veggies to feel halfway decent. I'm usually around 25 net carbs - I stopped eating cottage cheese and regular Greek yogurt to free up the carbs for veg - but I'm still losing fat so I don't worry about it.

PSMFer

Today I ended up with 19 g carbs and 24 g fat but I'm not quite hitting my protein 142 g

Nancy19

You have got to get the protein in, you're WAY under. Lean lean lean protein sources: lean fish like cod or haddock (no salmon), shrimp, chicken breast, turkey breast, egg white or egg beaters, ultra-lean ham (read labels carefully but some of the boneless hams are ok, I get one that's 1/2 gram fat per ounce). Pork tenderloin and beef eye round (both trimmed of every trace of fat before cooking) are a little higher in fat so should be used cautiously. If you're not using protein powder, seriously consider it - it's great for breakfast and snacks to get the protein in with little fat and carb if you buy the right product. I like Quest brand powder, even just mixed with water the shakes are more filling than whey and they taste fantastic.

PSMFer

I got protein powder at the house. I'm a truck driver so planning meals is a little more challenging. I got protein drinks with me now

Nancy19

Do you have one of those 12V coolers you can plug into your rig? Meal prep will save your life. Get a bunch of plastic containers and pack up weighed-out food you can take with you on the road so you're not caught short. Just about every truck stop has a microwave, but most cooked meats are fine cold. I love cold chicken breast with G. Hughes sugar-free barbecue sauce. Boil eggs and throw away the yolks (crumble them up for the dog if you have one, or feed them to the birds). Canned/pouched tuna and chicken make good "iron rations" to keep in your vehicle. Portion out protein powder in baggies and get yourself a shaker bottle (I like the Blender Bottle) so you can shake up a drink any time you're parked as long as you have a bottle of water.

PSMFer

I have got a cooler got chicken turkey Canadian bacon protein bars and protein drinks. I just got to fine tune my menu a little.

PSMFer

Didn't think about boiled eggs without yolks. Bought some albocore tuna man that stuff is so dry!!

Felicia Jacobs

20g fat, and 20g net carbs. Trying to reduce overall carbs, but as long as I’m under 20 net, I’m happy enough.

Have you looked at the PSMF calculator on this website?

Heather43

I do 800 calories, 20 real carbs, 30 fat. I have never gone over on calories but because I eat salads I do get close to my carb limit daily, I don’t count net carbs, total carbs only,