Ground Meat and Fat Content

jaymish

I think this would lower the fact content. You can dry fry it or boil it and drain the fat with a strainer. For both you don't have to use any extra fat to cook it.Instead of doing all this work, why not try to buy lean ground meat instead. It has next to no fat. I know that this is more expensive, like all food that is considered low fat.The irony of this is that nearly all governments around the world are trying to fight obesity, yet they can't do the basics like subsidizing low fat food. Smh!

bleach123

Cooking and draining ground beef will definitely reduce fat and calorie content. In addition, different cooking methods can decrease calorie and fat content like pan-broiling. It can further be reduced by blotting with paper towel and then rinsing it with hot water, though it will have a lesser taste since the flavor decreases as fats decrease.

jaybee19

I think this would lower the fact content. You can dry fry it or boil it and drain the fat with a strainer. For both you don't have to use any extra fat to cook it.Instead of doing all this work, why not try to buy lean ground meat instead. It has next to no fat. I know that this is more expensive, like all food that is considered low fat.The irony of this is that nearly all governments around the world are trying to fight obesity, yet they can't do the basics like subsidizing low fat food. Smh!
Exactly. SMH to all the governments around the world. I mean, literally they do have Health Organizations/departments but they don't even listen to them. That's why most foods that are out in the market are unhealthy foods because they don't cost that much. If only the government would subsidize low fat healthy foods.

Enyi

I don't stress myself with all the activities associated with removing fat,I rather buy lean meats with less fat and also less calories but if you ask I think we can boil and dry it off,though the fatty part tend to be sweater but it not healthy enough so it better its cut off as possible one can.

bleach123

I don't stress myself with all the activities associated with removing fat,I rather buy lean meats with less fat and also less calories but if you ask I think we can boil and dry it off,though the fatty part tend to be sweater but it not healthy enough so it better its cut off as possible one can.
True! It is better to buy lean meat already than doing all the processes just to reduce or remove its fat content. It is more convenient and easy for you.

Enyi

True! It is better to buy lean meat already than doing all the processes just to reduce or remove its fat content. It is more convenient and easy for you.
Definitely, I have always preferred it that way that trying to strain the fatty part of the meat and sometimes we can't even get all of them out and we still end of taking in a lot of it so it better we go for lean meat.

DenisP

I don't know if I'd go so far as to rinse it, but cooking it certainly helps.

The best thing to do is to get very lean ground meat right from the start. Many butchers provide ground meat with different ratios of fat for different cooking purposes. Either way, all ground meat is going to have some degree of fat. Pan frying it helps render the fat from the meat, which you can then drain.

Ever pan fry chicken with the skin still on? You might start with a little oil only to have the pan full of it. That's because the fat renders from the skin as the chicken is cooked, and the same thing happens with ground meat. Simply drain it away and your already lean ground meat will be even leaner.

logitech19

Yeah, doing so will remove the excess fat from the meat for a leaner meat, although you can always opt to buy the leaner varieties in the first place.

fishbate

You can try steaming it, this will remove fat efficiently but also it may affect the flavors. Steaming will allow the fat to melt and some go with the moisture while evaporating. Although this will not eliminate the fat but it will reduce it significantly. You just have to add some salt and pepper because the flavors also reduced in the process.

Isozceles

Yes, it has been proved that a simple rinsing process reduced the fat content of cooked ground beef. in like 50% Regarding the draining, I'm not so sure, I don't think I've ever heard about the method being effetive, but I could be wrong.