Egg Whites

kevin

I’ve been searching the internet for some type of answer and I’ve yet to come up with a science backed one. Is it better to cook egg whites than drinking them raw? I’ve read that drinking them raw can lead to a biotin deficiency. Anyone have any insight?

myblogger

Egg white nutrients that are beneficial to our body. It helps a lot, it has vitamins and nutrients that good for our heart. You may ask doctors about the beneficial content of egg white.

ShyllaCote

I’ve been searching the internet for some type of answer and I’ve yet to come up with a science backed one. Is it better to cook egg whites than drinking them raw? I’ve read that drinking them raw can lead to a biotin deficiency. Anyone have any insight?
Drinking uncooked egg whites can cause salmonella and other bacterial infection. No matter how "fresh" the eggs may be, we really can't tell at first glance. So better be safe than sorry.

wallet

The white eggs are better to be consumed as raw eggs when you are working your body and keep a strict diet, in the rest, it is indicated to be cooked.

logitech19

Yeah, you can only get biotin (vitamin B7) in cooked egg whites, because a protein (avidin) is bound strongly to biotin when uncooked, which means that your body can't absorb it.

jaybee19

Yeah. I agree with @logitech19. It's much better to cook white eggs because it has more benefits than when consuming it raw. I also can't imagine drinking raw egg white because it will really taste weird.

Isozceles

By having all the components to make a newlife, eggs are very nutritional. They're rich in high-quality protein, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, eye-protecting antioxidants and various other nutrients. Most of these are in the yolk of the egg, the white is mainly protein. The problem with eating raw eggs if the fact that you loselike half of the protein they contain, in contrast, if you cook them, you will absorb most of it. And the biggest deal breaker for me is that raw eggs could be contaminated with bacterias, like Salmonella.

ion

Yeah, I think you're right, much better to cook the egg white. You might get some e coli bacteria from drinking it, and honestly I can't drink that egg white, my stomach can't take it.

logitech19

Yes, that's right! And it's risky to you get salmonella. So, cook your eggs.
Yeah, I think people get influenced too much by people saying that raw egg is better and it's quite popular in Japanese culture to eat raw egg in their dishes, but the eggs in Japan are much safer for consumption because they have systems in place since raw egg is part of their cuisine, which can't be said in other countries.

jaymish

I would recommend that you cook them. Raw? Yuck, how very very disgusting! Eggs are a great and nutritious food but you can get very bad salmonella poison from them. Salmonella poison can affect your kidneys and has been known to kill. This can happen if you handle eggs without washing them first. I'm afraid I also don't like the idea of raw eggs. They have been know to cause salmonella poison also. Why not have a protein shake if you need protein that badly? Apart from poison it's also quite disgusting!

juanmateo

It's better to cook them first becuase raw isn't completely absorbed by our body. Also it's very disgusting for me haha. Also it may cause pain in your stomach becuase you may get bacterias from drinking it.

TheInsaneSakif

@jaymish I agree with what you've said. Eating raw eggs can actually backfire you because they can do more harm than good. They contain bacteria which may cause irritation in the stomach. It's better to have them cooked.

myra21

The good benefits of egg white is fat free, cholesterol free and low calorie content.It must better to be cooked than to be prepared raw to avoid bacteria and disease called salmonella.

Enyi

I have read that it better to better to cook an egg before eating than taking it raw.yes,egg whites is more appropriate for adults than the yolk,so I eat mostly the egg whites at least 2 daily.

DenisP

It isn't recommended to eat raw egg whites due to the fact that they inhibit the absorption of a key vitamin called biotin, also known as Vitamin H. The thing is that egg whites have a protein called avidin, which when consumed raw, binds to the biotin in your body and prevents it from being absorbed through the digestive process. Cooking the egg whites deactivates the avidin, which means it doesn't allow it to interfere in the absorption process.

In short, raw egg whites mess with an important vitamin in your body, so cook 'em.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Recipes 0