Diarrhea on a Pmsf Diet? What to do?

Beth Johnson

I've been experiencing a lot of diarrhea since I started the psmf diet. What should I do or can I do to help this situation? Does it have to do with the protein that I am eating? Or could it be something else?

Beth Johnson

I thought I might have been doing too much salt and potassium, but I'm not even supplementing those anymore. And I'm taking the same magnesium and multivitamin I've always taken. I DID add a calcium supplement, though. Does calcium citrate cause diarrhea?

Beth Johnson

it's the same magnesium I've been taking forever. The only new things are the PSMF and the calcium.

I thought calcium caused constipation if anything.

Cathy

I’d just make sure you’re consuming adequate electrolytes and drink to thirst. It’ll pass

Jennyb

I get the trots anytime I supplement with even a tiny bit of magnesium, so now I try to get what I need from food or soak it up in a bath with Epsom salts.

What are you eating for veg? If you have IBS, some veg can cause it, too.

Beth Johnson

Just broccoli / spinach for the most part. Its just weird since I havent changed the foods I eat or the supplements... Just macros.

It seems to have subsided for now

Jennyb

You could try eliminating (sorry - no pun intended) one or the other at a time to see if it's that. Eating a large volume of food at once can get me sometimes, too.