Easy Guide to Best Trackers for your diet on a Calorie Count
All weight trackers or calorie count bands can help you lose weight while doing a protein sparing modified fast.
This is because they use a formula of calorie intake versus out.
They also will monitor your daily calorie count.
However, there are some companies who offer you more weight loss tools than others. Some of the best ones include a package of features including a wireless body scale, a fitness tracker, and tracking calorie count.
While doing a Psmf diet or any other weight loss plan, a tracker can be very beneficial in helping you get started and reach your goals.
We will examine the best trackers or calorie count bands and see which ones give you the best performance and features for the price.
Overview of Fitbit weight loss bands
Fitbit offers trackers that provide a stable estimate of your calorie count intake and expenditure during the day.
They can track distance traveled, activity intensity, and steps.
Some can monitor flights of stairs along with the quality of sleep that you are getting. All this information is used in providing you accurate estimates of your calorie count targets during the day.
Fitbit offers a:
- Aria syncs automatically and wirelessly through your home Wi-Fi network. Network requirements: Wireless 802.11b, WEP/WPA/WPA2 personal security, Automatic (DHCP) IP setup (static IP configuration not supported)
- Aria automatically recognizes up to eight different people. Your weight data syncs to your private Fitbit dashboard, so you can control what data you share. Measurement range: 20-350 lbs
- To set up for the first time, you’ll need one of the following: Windows XP and later, Mac OS X 10.5 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
- Aria uses 4 AA batteries - no power cord necessary. Battery type: 4 standard 1.5V size AA batteries (included)
- Water Resistance: Aria is designed to work in a humid bathroom environment. Some condensation due to hot showers, etc. will not damage the scale. The scale should not be submerged. Avoid splashing large amounts of water on the scale. To prevent slipping or accidents, please thoroughly dry the glass top and your feet before stepping on the scale
It records your weight, body mass index, body fat % and trasmits this info to the FitBit App on your phone.
This easily allows you to keep track of your changes in weight and body fat % over time.
As mentioned earlier, the Fitbit keeps a calorie count of intakes for the day.
You can log your foods using the database with the app. There are also third-party apps that can be helpful such as ‘My Fitness Pal’ or ‘Lose it.’
With a Protein Sparing modified fast, keeping track of calorie count intakes is crucial to your success.
To ensure you get the most of out of a Fitbit product, we recommend taking advantage of the all the features.
Best Weight loss Band
- One syncs automatically and wirelessly to tablets, computers and 150+ leading iOS, Android and Windows smartphones using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet. Call notifications via Bluetooth 4.0
- Water Resistance: Charge has been tested up to 1 ATM meaning it is sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof. We also recommend taking Charge off before showering because, as with any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean
- Warning: Do not use if you have a pacemaker or other internal, or implanted medical device. Not intended for use by children under 13. Always consult your physician. Slippery when wet
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours. Battery life: up to 7 - 10 days. Battery type: Lithium-polymer
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
It monitors your movements along with your sleep patterns.
It is available in Orange, black, slate, navy, and mint green.
Fitbit will give you two wristbands when you make a purchase. One will be small and the other will be large. There are plenty of notches to ensure a good fit.
The band is made of a rubber material. This makes the flex very comfortable to wear at all times.
It has a very streamlined profile look to it. It is very lightweight and very flat.
There is a removable CPU, that is the only computerized part on the unit.
If you need to charge the band, then you would remove the CPU. Other than that, that’s the only time you would ever need to remove it. On a full charge, you will get about 10 ten days of use.
The flex is resistant water, which means that you can take a shower or wash your hands and not have to worry about it getting wet.
It is not completely waterproof, meaning that you will not be able to jump into a pool with it on. The unit does not have a number or word display, instead, it will inform you of your progress by using 5 led illuminated dots.
The flex can sync wirelessly with Bluetooth 4.0. It uses an app called free Fitbit.
This records distance walked, steps, active minutes, and calories burned.
You can expand any category by tapping on the readings. You can view a reading of your most active times of the day and be able to see when you might need to be more active.
The flex will also keep track of your sleeping patterns during the night, such as restlessness and how long you are actually awake.
To utilize this feature, simply open the Fitbit App and let it know you are going to sleep. When you awake, you notify it and will it have a comprehensive chart of your sleep activity during the night.
The app will record your calorie count from your food and drink intakes. It has a calories eaten category to where you can access the food log.
If you are doing workouts, the Fitbit flex will log with as well.
Unfortunately, all data will have to be manually entered for this.
The app will measure you calorie count against the calorie expenditure of your workout. It will then give you a balance to see if you are achieving what your weight loss goals are.
A neat thing about the flex is that you can compare or compete against friends who are on the app as well.
The flex has an alarm that vibrates. You can set the alarm as a wake-up feature.
You can also pair the unit with the Fitbit Aria WiFi Smart Scale.
Withings Activite steel
- Sorry, Witlings no longer provides support, updates or repairs for this product. Please visit our website for the latest product launches and news.
This band has the look and feel of a watch.
It features chrome handles with a black face.
You can choose from a variety of colored straps.
The withings will monitor calorie count along with reporting activity about your sleep.
It also has a vibrating alarm and is waterproof.
The withings activite steel has an app called the “Withings Health Mate App”, which gives you a report of your sleep activity. It is very similar to the MyFitnessPal and also allows you to track food.
Best tracker on a budget
Jawbone Up Move
It is made from a rubber which gives it a very comfortable feel.
This is an entry level tracker that features an attachment for the hip and comes with a manual.
It does not come with a strap.
This must be bought separately.
It can be synced with Bluetooth that uses low energy.
It has a feature that lets you record the calorie count of your food or drink intakes for the day.
Jawbone also has an app that is much more detailed than fitbits.
It will include more nutritional details about the foods that you are eating, where Fitbit only gives a calorie count of your intakes.
The Jawbone app features a very rich design and graphics that is compatible with a number of 3rd party apps.
It also has a feature called “Smart coach,” which will give you coaching advice.
The Up Move has plenty of flexibility in which you can wear it on your wrist, hip, or just place it in your pocket.
It features a coin cell battery that can last as long as 6 months before needing a new one.
The display also uses led dots on the face of the unit. You can easily switch between active or sleep mode by pressing down on the screen. It will also display statistics of your goals for the day.
The Up Move lets you track your sleep as well, but it will not give phone notifications.
It also does not have a silent alarm.
This is a great cheaper option if you want to pick up something to track your calorie count of a Psmf.
When setting your yourself up for success with the psmf diet, these trackers can provide an excellent way to keep track of your calorie count on a daily basis.
These trackers have some very powerful features that can not only help you on the diet but help you to maintain a healthy life in general.