5 of the Best Protein Powders for Weight Loss
Are you considering a high protein diet for weight loss? If not, you may want to.
It’s long been known that a carefully regulated high protein diet is a highly effective way to drop extra pounds. If you’re ready to join the thousands of others who’ve slimmed down to their ideal weight this way, we can help.
In this guide, we share with you our list of the best protein powders for weight loss. While this is by no means a complete high-protein weight loss diet plan, it will help you stock up on the necessary supplies to get you started.
Check out these top choices for fat burning protein powders.
1. Naked Whey 100% Grass-Fed Whey Protein Powder
For those who prefer pure whey protein, it doesn’t get any purer than Naked Nutrition’s Naked Whey Protein Powder. It’s made exclusively from the milk of grass-fed cows.
That means no undesirable ingredients end up in the whey. It also means there’s a higher concentration of beneficial ingredients, like conjugated linoleic acid (CLA).
On top of that, the whey powder is produced through a cold processing method that removes any unnatural chemicals and heavy metals. With no artificial sweeteners or other additives, Naked Whey is the purest whey protein powder on the market.
Naked WHEY 1LB 100% Grass Fed Unflavored Whey Protein Powder - US Farms, Only 1 Ingredient, Undenatured - No GMO, Soy or Gluten - No Preservatives - Promote Muscle Growth and Recovery - 15 Servings
- ONLY ONE INGREDIENT: 100% Grass Fed Pure Whey Protein with zero additives. Naked Whey no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors and is GMO-Free, Growth Hormone Free, Soy Free and Gluten-Free.
- ALL NATURAL WHEY: Our Grass Fed Whey is sourced from small dairy farms in California to bring you a non-denatured whey packed full of essential amino acids, clean protein and glutathione.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 25g of Protein, 2g of Sugar, 3g of Carbs, 120 Calories, and 5.9g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- COLD PROCESSED: Unlike most whey protein powders, Naked Whey is cold processed to ensure zero contamination from chemical detergents (no acid or bleach), synthetic additives, or heavy metals, and this maintains important naturally occurring growth factors.
- THE PERFECT WORKOUT PARTNER: Create pre and post workout whey shakes, smoothies and recipes to take your muscle gains and recovery to new heights.
2. Now Sports Soy Protein Isolate Powder
Because soy is a complete protein—that is, complete with all 9 essential amino acids—it’s excellent for building muscles. What that means for your weight-loss diet is that it preserves your muscle so that your body will instead burn fat when it needs energy.
Now Sports Soy Protein Isolate Powder is a great choice because of its low calorie count—only 90 calories per scoop. And yet, each serving still provides a whopping 20 grams of protein. Plus, Now Sports is a strictly-regulated brand you can trust.
NOW Sports Nutrition, Soy Protein Isolate 20 G, 0 Carbs, Unflavored Powder, 1.2-Pound
- Same trusted quality with a brand new look! Packaging may vary
- PURE, UNFLAVORED PROTEIN POWDER: NOW Sports Soy Protein Isolate is a good vegetable source of high-quality complete protein that has an excellent amino acid profile. 20 g of protein and 0 g carbs per serving! (Quality GMP Assured, Kosher, No Artificial Sweeteners, Non-GMO, Vegan/Vegetarian, Steroid Free)
- The Informed-Sport seal is your assurance that each and every production run of these NOW Sports products has been tested for banned substances by LGC, a globally recognized assurance program for anti-doping in sports nutrition products. In addition to production run testing, Informed-Sport-certified products are also blind-sampled at the retail level up to four times annually, and testing results can be found at informed-sport.com.
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
3. Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
One common roadblock in a high-protein diet for weight loss is flavor. For some dieters, the quality of the protein is moot if they can’t stand the taste. So, if you’re more concerned with flavor, Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder is the most delicious we’ve sampled.
This whey-based powder is sweetened to perfection with low-calorie stevia. Still, the calories per protein are a little high for this one, 120 calories for 22 grams of protein. Weight-loss dieters must take care not to overdo it.
Quest Nutrition Salted Caramel Protein Powder, High Protein, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Soy Free, 25.6 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- SHAKE UP YOUR ROUTINE: Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder provides you with a delicious protein boost with 26g protein, 2g net carbs and 1g of sugar per scoop
- SIP ON COMPLETE PROTEINS: Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder is made with complete, dairy-based proteins
- FAST AND SLOW ABSORBING PROTEIN: Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder is made with 60% fast absorbing Whey Protein Isolate and 40% slow absorbing Micellar Casein to provide you with the ideal balance for your workout
- SWEET WITHOUT ALL THE SUGAR: Enjoy the creamy and rewarding taste of a salted caramel shake with 1g of sugar
- Canister contains ~ 24 scoops of Quest Salted Caramel flavored protein powder
4. Orgain Organic, Unsweetened Plant-Based Protein Powder
Vegans and vegetarians should spring for Orgain’s Organic, Unsweetened Plant-Based Protein Powder. It’s made from a blend of pea protein, chia seeds, and brown rice.
These plant-based ingredients add a boost of fiber to the powder. And that’s good because fiber is known to increase the weight-loss success of high-protein diets.
Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Vanilla Bean - Vegan, Low Net Carbs, Non Dairy, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Sugar Added, Soy Free, Kosher, Non-GMO, 2.03 Pound (Packaging May Vary)
- Includes 1 (2.03 pound) orgain organic plant based vanilla bean protein powder
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 5 grams of organic dietary fiber, 5 grams of net carbs, 0 grams of sugar, 150 calories per serving
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, non GMO, carrageenan free, and no artificial ingredients
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. Use when bakin grams to give your cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies a protein and energy boost
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. These are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, building grams lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
5. Naked Egg Protein Powder
Rounding out our list is Naked Nutrition’s Naked Egg Protein Powder made from non-GMO egg whites. As you’d expect from Naked Nutrition, this powder is pure and all-natural with no artificial additives. In fact, besides egg whites, there is only one additional ingredient (sunflower lecithin).
If other protein options are a problem for you, try Naked Egg.
NAKED EGG – 3LB Non-GMO Egg White Protein Powder from US Farms – Bulk, No Additives, Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free – 25g Protein, 44 Servings
- ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS: Egg white protein from eggs raised on US farms and sunflower lecithin. Naked Egg contains no artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors.
- PRODUCED ON US FARMS: Our powdered egg whites are sourced exclusively from US farms and are processed in under a day to maintain the highest and most complete amino acid profile.
- MAXIMUM NUTRITION: 25g of Protein, 2g of Carbs, 110 Calories, and 5.8g of BCAAs (branched-chain amino acids) per serving.
- NON-GMO EGGS: Sourced exclusively from US farms that produce non-gmo eggs.
- PALEO FRIENDLY PROTEIN: An excellent choice for those following a paleo diet. Create an egg white protein shake or use in baking to supplement your diet.
The 5 Best Protein Powders For Weight Loss
Take our word for it, these are the best protein powders for weight loss you can buy. Better yet, try them yourself. If you’ve never experimented with protein powder before, start with the ones on this list.
Besides that, we’re here for you. Please feel free to ask us questions about using protein powder for weight-loss.